Book Related Activities
- Storytime Online
- COVID-19 Free Ebooks (ages 0-12)– A collection of free eBooks in multiple languages for children about the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
- Riveted (ages 13-19)– Free teen reads
- COVID-19 Book Bingo (all ages)– In order to preempt going stir crazy, my friend Beth and I made a COVID-19 Book Bingo. Join the Facebook group linked above or print out your own sheet.
Education Ideas for All Ages
- Amazing Educational Resources— So, so, so many resources in a spreadsheet. All ages covered
- Sharks4Kids— Free shark webinars with shark scientists, videographers, divers, and conservationists for guests!
Fun & Learning For Kids
- PBS Kids
- Learning Planet
- Center for Interactive Learning— Free, live-streamed programs done by aquariums, authors, acting troupes, and more Monday-Friday at 1 pm EST. Aimed at students in grades K-6.
- Tech Against Coronavirus— Lots of ideas for using tech tools while teaching/working from home. All ages.
- Wonderopolis— Every day a different “Wonder” is posted and explored in different ways. Search past wonders to find out more about things like zombie worms, or if you can believe two different things at once. All ages
AND DON’T FORGET ABOUT OUR ONLINE RESOURCES!
Resources for Addressing Stress and Anxiety Regarding COVID-19
Dr. Robert Brooks – Resilience in the Face of COVID-19
Greater Good Magazine – How School Closures Can Strengthen Your Family
Understood – Works to help students with learning and thinking differences, several resources under Coronavirus: Latest Updates and Tips
Commonsense Media – Resources for Educators During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Headspace – meditation app offering some free meditations to reduce COVID-19 stress
Well Being Resources from the University of Michigan – Fun relaxing videos great for study break
Core Power Yoga on Demand – Free!
211 now available to answer general questions about COVID-19 – available by dialing 211 (or 1-866-811-5695), texting your ZIP code to 898-211, or emailing email@example.com.