Are you stuck at home during the COVID-19 quarantine and in need of some activities for your kids or yourself? We’ll be compiling online videos, activities, classes, etc as we find them. Be sure to pay attention to social media from your favorite entertainers as some are live streaming concerts and other entertainment.
Book Related Activities
- Storytime Online
- Online Book Tour
- Neil Gaiman reads The Graveyard Book
- #OperationStorytime – check out this hashtag on Facebook to find tons of story time videos
Book Ideas for Kids (Ages 0-12)
- Kate Messner’s Collection of Author Read Alouds, Illustrator Commentary, and More
- A great place to start for publisher-approved videos
- Author Permissions for Read Alouds
- A librarian collected different authors’ responses to if they minded their books being read aloud. Includes links to sources.
- Pernille Ripp’s List of Read Aloud Video Resources
- More read aloud resources, this time from the founder of the Global Read Aloud.
- COVID-19 Free Ebooks
- A collection of free eBooks in multiple languages for children about the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
Book Ideas for Teens (Ages 13-19)
- Free teen reads
Book Ideas for All Ages
- COVID-19 Book Bingo
- In order to preempt going stir crazy, my friend Beth and I made a COVID-19 Book Bingo. Join the Facebook group linked above or print out your own sheet.
Education Ideas for All Ages
- Amazing Educational Resources
- So, so, so many resources in a spreadsheet. All ages covered
- Youth Services Shout-Out
- Author content, links to virtual field trips, live streams, and more!
- Free shark webinars with shark scientists, videographers, divers, and conservationists for guests!
Museum & Zoo Online Programs & Virtual Tours
Other Virtual Tours
- National Parks virtual tours
- FarmFood 360 virtual tours
- Great Wall of China virtual tour
- Mars Rover virtual tour
- Library Time
- Virtual tours of libraries all over the world. All ages.
Free Online Classes
- Planet Fitness at-home workouts
Planet Fitness is offering some at home workouts. Best for teens and up.
- Tai Chi Wellbeing classes
- Heath and Wellness
- Ideas for learning about health and wellness topics from MedlinePlus.
Fun & Learning For Kids
- PBS Kids
- Learning Planet
- Center for Interactive Learning
- Free, live-streamed programs done by aquariums, authors, acting troupes, and more from 9:30-3:30 EST. Aimed at students in grades K-6.
- Imagineering in a Box
- Learn how Disney Imagineers create theme park attractions! For grades 6 and up.
- Teaching Theater Online
- Different ideas for exploring theater at home. Includes links to watching professional recordings of plays and musicals. All ages
- Tech Against Coronavirus
- Lots of ideas for using tech tools while teaching/working from home. All ages.
- Every day a different “Wonder” is posted and explored in different ways. Search past wonders to find out more about things like zombie worms, or if you can believe two different things at once. All ages